Sunday, April 10, 2011

Katie Meets Ina Pinkney, the breakfast queen from Chicago's West Loop


On Saturday, 4/9 I participated in a Coleman Entrepreneurship Events at Lexington College in Chicago. The topic was "Success as a Food entrepreneur and how to reach it". As one of the panel participants I was happy to share my insights, but at the same time I feel that success for me is still work in progress. I love these events, because it gives me an opportunity to meet other women entrepreneurs who are generously sharing their ideas and experiences. We can all learn from each other, that's for sure!
While there I finally had a chance to meet legendary Ina Pinkney of Chicago. Her restaurant, Ina's is located in Chicago's West loop and serves breakfast only. Ina's restaurant was featured repeatedly in Vogue, Top Chef, the Chicago Tribune, New York Times and many other publications. My favorite Ina's saying now is "It's not that your ideas are bad, it's just that mine are better!"

No comments: